Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mulching and Transplanting

Great day to start picking raspberries, 'frambuesas' in Spanish my German friend Sonja says it sounds nice in that language. I got around 10 pounds. From Poverty Lane Orchards in Lebanon, NH I drove to Ascutney Hospital Windsor, VT. I arrived around 11:30 am
The past days were so hot, I didn't have the time to visit the plot there. Thanks that on Saturday the rain washed out all the gardens! The photo above shows some weeds, time to get rid of them.

The transplanting for today:
- Lemmon Balm
- Lavander

These herbs were provided by Sylvia Newberry.

Also a perfect time to mulch the space in order to keep moist the soil and weeds down.

This is the way how it looks now the space, covered with mulch. I left space for camomille seedlings growing.

The time run so quickly and I needed to left the garden before 1:30pm to watch the FIFA World Cup 2010 Spain vs Holland. It was almost 1pm when I left and I arrived late for the Shakira show :(
My favorite was Spain team, of course, the new Football Champion. Olé!

No comments:

Post a Comment