Sunday, July 31, 2011

How is Growing There?

What a gift for the garden  visitors. The day is pleasant, with soft wind, sunny, the lady bugs, butterflies, bees and even the bad guys can experience such pleasures. 
This morning I stopped by my spot, right in the Healing Garden, a project of the VT Extension Master Gardener Program in Windsor, VT to check if all is in order.
The rainy days have left nice wet soil... we know that the flowers, herbs and even weeds love that. My task for today was to clean the main paths and to cut dead flowers.
 Weedy zone.
 
 After weeding.
 Stevia, doing very well, after being transplanted by Sylvia. 
The Saint John's wort herb is in bloom, feeding some bees, no doubt that these will be relaxed after sucking its nectar. 
Within this relaxing crop, the Lobelia inflata amazes me! The transplanting was definitely a success! Now, the two Lobelias plants are in bloom, and I cannot wait to see the seeds popping up around, as it was described previously by herbalist Sylvia Newberry in my old post. 

time  spent: 2.5 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment